Creativity means we can develop our creative flair and imagination. At SRS we are committed to providing such opportunities within art, English, creative writing, thinking and learning and across all other aspects of the curriculum. By motivating and challenging students in a creative, enjoyable and secure environment, SRS aims to develop thoughtful and responsible young people with high self-esteem and the skills and knowledge to succeed in life.
By promoting creativity at SRS we aim to provide all students with:
- The opportunity to discover and pursue their interests and talents
- The opportunity to participate in and experience a broad and balanced range of arts activities as part of a rich and exciting curriculum
- Tasks and activities that give students opportunities to be creative
- The opportunity to creatively express themselves in and through a range of art forms
- The opportunity to develop a progressive range of skills, confidence and self-esteem
- The opportunity to perform creatively in class assemblies, shows and productions
- Arts activities that access other areas of the curriculum, different cultures and those that reflect our local community and national heritage.