SRS Online Learning
SRS rose to the tough challenges posed by the current situation, creating its own quality model of in-class and online learning.
Teaching and learning online has been of high quality, drawing on the same successful learning principles that are implemented in-class. We are committed to ensuring no child is left behind, whatever the circumstances.
- Monitor & evaluate the quality of learning daily
- Support parents with queries
- Develop and adapt approaches to support our SRS community
- Be online daily to Teach
- Provide a range of activities
- Give feedback to students
- Provide a range of learning opportunities inc. video & live
- Engage in online learning daily
- Work hard and do their best
- Communicate wit their teachers
- Learn as a result
- Establish routines and expectations
- Work with their children to safeguard them online
- Communicate with teachers and other support staff
- Support their children fully
To do this successfully you need
- An ipad /tablet device to access learning
- Paper, pens, pencils for writing tasks
- A quiet area to work
- A workspace and seating
- Water to hydrate
Each day, your child’s teacher will post a daily video to the class and set the chosen activities for the day. These will be creative and engaging activities that will excite children and allow them to use their imagination and natural curiosity. They will also set exciting challenges that will allow children to compete against each other online on platforms like Education City.
Throughout the day, as children and parents, you will be able to post photos and videos of the activities you have completed and send messages to your teacher using Dojo or Showbie. Your teacher will be able to respond and give you feedback.
At the end of every day, your child’s teacher will send a message discussing some of the home-learning tasks and work they have been sent throughout the day and share these with the class.
During these weeks, our focus is to promote the love of reading and encourage children to use this opportunity to develop their reading skills. Books will be set through Bug Club (FS and KS1) and Epic or Oxford Owl (KS2) as well as hard copy books. The children will be able to complete interactive activities such as quizzes, comprehensions and competitions.